Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

For the first time in over 10 years, I had a snow day.

Now, I am not afraid to admit that I am one of those people that are always completely jealous of my teacher friends when they get random days off or "snow days", especially when there is a meer dusting on the ground. I have honestly considered (more than once) about completely changing my career to be able to snag one of these jobs that encourages you to stay safe and home through monsoon, flooding, snowstorms, earthquake, as well as any other natural disaster.  But as my journey continues through the "real world", I have slowly accepted the fact that gone are the days of waiting up, wishing and hoping school would be closed for a day of freedom.

So on Tuesday night, the 1st of February, I can honestly say that I was pretty doubtful with all of the hype and hysteria over the brewing Blizzard that was supposed to come our way.

I. was. wrong.

Waking up and looking out the window to my car looking like this...
 Felt amazing. 

I knew that even if I wanted to go into work, there was absolutely no way I was digging out my snow covered car, anytime soon.

And then I got the email. 

The office will be closed today. 

YESSSSS!! 
I was literally 10 years old again, bouncing around in my PJs, so freaking excited that the "real world" actually granted me a Snow Day

Because I realize these days happen (well almost never), I made sure to spend the day doing some of my favorite things;
Napping, eating some great comfort food (pizza), enjoying some day time television, and of course..

Playing in the snow.







1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!! Oh Beth, how I adore you!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete