Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jolly's Drive In

Today is one of those days that I really wish I lived closer to Home.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago and everything this amazing big city has to offer. But home has my family, my life-long friends... and Jolly's.

Jolly's is a 1950's style Drive-In that was started by my grandparents, Vince and Betty Jolivette in 1938. For all of my life (and before) my Dad has since taken over the reigns of this Hamilton! Ohio, Hometown Favorite.

For as long as I can remember, Jolly's has always been my most favorite food. From a delicious mug of ice cold Root Beer, to a mouth-watering Footlong with Everything (Chili, mustard, onions and cheese); it's a comfort food that (for me) is like no other.

I can remember being little and playing on the big mounds of Sugar bags in the back room with my brothers. Wanting to "help" by "washing" the mugs for the carhop girls, and "late" night car trips in the Summer to help my Dad close for the day (really just getting my very own Brown Cow). Is there anything better than vanilla ice cream and Root beer? (doubtful)

So today, my Dad opened Jolly's for it's 73rd season.

How amazing is that? Almost three quarters of a century and it still gets me (and a few others) watering at the mouth.


So here's to that delicious fresh-popped popcorn, that glorious chili/cheese combo, and that glass of root beer that always seems to taste better in a mug.

Congrats Daddio! I'll be home soon.


1 comment:

  1. It just took me about 45 minutes to comment. But, love this Beth!

    ReplyDelete