Friday, January 21, 2011

Living Artfully



           "Life is a work of Art and we are its Artists"~ Sandra Magsamen


One of the main reason I decided to start a blog was to really feel creative. Now, for those of you who know me, know that 90% of my job requires me to be "creative". Don't get me wrong, brainstorming ideas, coming up with random trinkets, gifts, etc. are great. But let's be honest...how many fairy/wolf/dragon/angel products can there be in this world?



Anyways, I found this book, "Living Artfully" by Sandra Magsamen, and the subtitle hit me. Create the Life you Imagine. Hm. Imagine that. Creating a whole life, just the way I think it should be. So then I started thinking, Am I really living the life I imagine?

Taking the time to actually stop and think about how I imagine my life is quite daunting. And a little bit stressful (Also fun and exciting).

So being on the closer end to 30 rather than 20...I figured now is as good a time as ever to start creating the life I imagine.

Here's to it!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! You're speaking right to me Beth :) I know we've talked about it, but you sum up nicely how I'm feeling at this point too... with my life in complete limbo. Great words to think about every day while I try to figure out where my life is headed. And more importantly, where I WANT my life to go.

    Also... I love that you've started a blog :) Yay!
    Love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it to it sister friend! Of course, as your friend, I've always felt you have lived artfully. I must say, I look forward to seeing the fire you light under life's bottom.
    Congratulations on your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete