Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Thursday-College Edition

I figured I'd join all the "throwbacks" out there and feature some paintings from back in the day.

Today's "Throwback Thursday" is dedicated to College. Or more specifically...the College House.

Good ole Navarre Street.

 

Ahhh College. If you're lucky like me, you're college experience was nothing but the best. A magical place where freedom, fun, fabulous people (and of course hard work) all morphed together into my own little safe haven for 4 incredible years.

But senior year...Oh man senior year.

Living for the first time in a real, far away from our parents, free standing, with 4 of your best girlfriends, all of legal age, HOUSE... was absolutely the.BEST.
 (the fact that I also only had class from noon to 4 on Tuesdays and Thursdays my 2nd semester also helped, ha)

However, this little (kind of big..it had 5 bedrooms!) house that we lived in 6 years ago (gross!) is one that will always hold a special place in my heart. Our first taste of freedom. Our first glimpse into the "real" world. (Although, I have come to find out that having random dress up dance parties and day drinking during the week, aren't as widely acceptable anymore..hmph.)

Anyways, see below for a painting I did during one of our "craft times" we had at the house, way back when. One of my roomies is a school teacher and she thought we needed to give the house a little color! So, we all sat outside on our back deck and painted away the afternoon.

It now hangs in my home office, where I glance at it from time to time, feeling like it was a lifetime ago and just yesterday. I can't help but smile thinking about how awesome it all was. Enjoying the little memories as well as the big ones... we made that house a Home.

The first House portrait I ever did! (got to love the fun and whimsical colors!)
The Roomies, SMC Senior Formal night:) Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment