Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Painting-Pilates Studio Mural

This week I embarked on another wall/mural Painting. This time it was at a Pilates Studio in the Southside of Chicago!

Inspired by the softer tones of a sunset/beach look, as well as painting the spelled out wording behind the Studio's Name- CORE (Create Overall Renewed Energy), this Large wall painting gave this small studio a beautiful new look!

Before...



During...







And the Finished product...




"CORE"; Acrylic Paint on Wall; July 2011

Floor to Ceiling painting, Done and done. :)


(Thanks to my Mom who kept me company the last couple of painting hours, as well as being responsible for the lovely action shots of the "Master" at work)




1 comment:

  1. Hello Beth! My name is Jennifer and I am too a muralist but in South FL. I have a mural coming up in a Pilates studio and I really love the wall you created for that studio and was wondering in a few steps can guide me through via email. I've done color washes on walls before with glazing. Is that how you created yours? What ratio of paint to glaze did you use, technique, etc.
    Many thanks!
    Jennifer Rose
    My email is jrosemurals@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete